If you are motivated by working with an innovative fund manager mandated to deliver positive climate change and development outcomes across the emerging markets, and if climate change and human development remain issues central to your worldview, and important considerations in your future career aspiration we would like to hear from you. Play an active part in creating a sustainable future by joining Climate Fund Managers’ Debt and Restructuring team, on an internship, based in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Climate Fund Manager’s (CFM) is a leading blended finance fund manager dedicated to securing a sustainable future by investing across global emerging markets. CFM has a long-term vision to structure cutting edge financing facilities around thematic areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation, including renewable energy, water, sanitation, and oceans. CFM is established as a joint venture between the Dutch development bank FMO and Sanlam InfraWorks – part of the Sanlam Group of South Africa.
We provide financing solutions across the entire project lifecycle (development, construction, and operational stages). With our offices in The Netherlands, South Africa, Singapore, and Latin America we believe in a world where sustainable investing and profitability are not mutually exclusive.
CFM regularly offers internship opportunities which in principle run on a six-month basis. Subject to mutual agreement, shorter internships may be possible.
We are seeking a Capital Raising and Business Development Intern to strengthen our Capital Raising and Business Development team in The Hague.
This is a full-time internship for 6 months where we will give you the chance to build an excellent network while improving the skills necessary to succeed in either the public or private finance sector. There is an internship and a travel allowance to cover commuting expenses within the Netherlands.
The primary function of the internship is to support the Capital Raising team with its strategy of growing funds under management by assisting with capital raising, project management, and coordination activities.
You will be able to closely monitor the dynamics of building an effective and successful international fund management organisation with a unique climate and blended finance proposition. You are encouraged to take a hands-on and pro-active role in the support of the activities of the capital raising team. You will learn a lot about building and maintaining investor databases in financial markets and creating effective presentations for (potential) investors/sponsors.
Finally, yet importantly, the internship may provide the opportunity to gain experience in a possible future working environment.
- Capital raising tasks
- Improvement of content and design of CFM’s capital raising package
- Research, identification and recording of investor data
- Assistance to Capital Raising and Business Development team – maintenance and expansion of the investors register
- Implementation of new CRM system
- Research and identification of future market opportunities
- Project management tasks
- Team coordination
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Management of CFM’s agenda and calendar
- You are an MBA or MSc student in finance, international economics, business or a related field, with a desire to be involved in fund management and climate finance.
- You are confident, intelligent, commercially focused and are looking to gain valuable work experience in a one-of-a-kind international financial services institution.
- Ideally, you have already gained some previous experience in capital raising in the financial sector, and you are used to working in an international context.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and a strong numerical comprehension, excellent communications skills and a clear understanding of financial services, fund management, and/or investment banking.
- You enjoy researching, working with data, complicated subject matters and can adhere to challenging deadlines.
- You are fully proficient in Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
To apply, please send us your updated resume together with a motivation letter.